Saturday, April 7, 2012

Marriage 101: Romance and Reconnection


    If you are anything like me, you are, as the typical girl always is, a hopeless romantic. I dream of coming home from a hard days work to candle-lit dinners, dancing, and a passionate night of reconnecting with my spouse. However, the spouse, might think donuts and watching sports is good enough for the both of you. I am finding it hard to convey what I think is romance, for fear that it will sound too corny or will take a huge amount of effort the spouse's part. Romance, is more than just saying I love you. It's putting that little note in their lunch. It's having a planned date out on the town. Maybe it's watching a movie together or just staring into each others eyes. Whatever it is, the whole point isn't to live in a fantasy world or like the movies. It's to reconnect with your partner at the end of a day and to become one with each other. I like the connection I have when the cellphones are off, and the hustle-bustle of the world is shut out, if only fo a movie's length.
    Men are mostly not into the whole drawn out emotional connection idea, while most women feed off of it. I mean what woman could really deny a chance to dance with, hold, and enjoy time with that most special person? It's too good and too rare not to take advantage of.
    Women: this is for you. Don't feel alone when the guy in your life is not the romantic kind. A great number of women deal with this. I'm going to give you some suggestion on how to pull him in to the romantic whirlpool of love and passion. A few ideas:
    1: lunchbox love - make a favorite lunch, andsend and I love you note to work with him.
    2: Text Tenderness - text him once or twice and tell him you are thinking of him and can't wait to see him when he comes home from work.
    3: Dinner and Dancing: Make him a special dinner of his favorite things, and have soft music (I prefer Frank Sinatra), playing for background. For added dramatic effect, light a few candles and have some chocolate as a palet cleanser before starting the meal.
    4: Feeding Fidelity: Feeding one another during a special dinner is a time to be intimate and too spoil one another.
    5: Never feel like he needs to make the first move ladies, most men don't know the romantic ways... so be compassionate and show them what you want
    6: Romantic Movies - enjoy a romantic movie together and snuggle......nothing says love like one on one time spent just enjoy a caring snuggle.

    Remember, show them what you want. Men aren't mind readers. Most need guidence and patience in learning what you want. I hope this helps all the ladies out there, I know romance is sometimes a rare thing... so bring it back to life!
To the men: you are great! Stay confident, treat your lady like she is a queen, and show her how much you love and appreciate her. I promise you WON'T regret it!

1 comment:

  1. Here I have to brag. My man IS romantic. I got a candle lit dinner for valentines day and he just loves to do random sweet things. However, my mom struggled with this. She learned to appreciate the little ways that my dad did show his affection. Just cause it's not the same language doesn't mean they don't show they love us everyday.

    ReplyDelete