Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Time to Budget Your Time

     Late to church? Late to work? Late to almost any event you are invited to, including the ones you are in charge of? Almost every new couple has one early person and one late person.....if you both are one or the other, its a little easier to deal with since you both feel the same way whether time is important or not. I'm sure everyone tries to be on time, however, some of us tend to lolly-gag, dilly-dally, or even just plain not care. Time is important....whether we like it or not.
     While I grew up with a fear of even being close to on time, I usually find myself at the place I am supposed to be entirely to early...(some times 30-45 minutes before). Most of my friends run on a "just in time" schedule....and my spouse loves to take his time. We make it to where we need to be.....and sometimes my "we are 30 seconds to the time we need to be there" panic attack about kills me. Imagine a nail-biting, frantic haired woman sitting in the passenger seat of the car  at 5 seconds to 9am church...Yeah folks... that woman is me. However, we find the time to compromise and get through it.
   Let's figure this out with a little test :
          are you:
             A) 15 minutes early
             B)  5 minutes early
             C)  right on time
             D)  Always late
             E) a Constant No Show

Do this test for you and your spouse to determine if you are :

           A) Male based Early late couple
           B) Female Based early late couple
           C) Equality early couple
           D) Equality late couple
           E) Lack of motivation couple

Once you have found out what type of time couple you are.... you can fix the problem.

So, I am a Female based early late couple pattern, based on me being really early and my spouse being an on time or late person.

Ways to fix it:
     I choose to give constant reminders on time scheduling and writing a time scale out for my family. Some choose to have watches with time alerts in order to budget time. If you find yourself to early to something, start getting ready later or do a chore around the house. If you are always late, figure out what distracts you and budget, budget, budget! Equality time people have to be overly cautious, since both of you could be one way or the other. Always be patient and never get mad, just remind them that you are trying to help them be better......because we are better together!



             

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely the female based early late... He actually prefers on time and I love early. Thanks for the advice here. It will save me a grey hair or two as I move through life.

    ReplyDelete